What to do on White Deer Triathlon weekend
If you’re coming to town for the White Deer Triathlon on May 21, you’ll find a lot more to do than our fun Northwoods paddle/bike/run race. Here’s a look at the weekend’s full schedule of fun events and a couple other options to enjoy around town.
What is the White Deer Triathlon?
The White Deer Triathlon is a fun Northwoods event that features a 3-kilometer canoe/kayak/stand-up paddleboard course on Boulder Lake, a 22-kilometer bike ride on Boulder Junction’s paved rustic roads and a 6-kilometer run on county roads and forest trails.
Packet pick-up and registration
Packet pick-up will take place from 5 to 8:30pm Friday, May 20, at the Boulder Junction Community Center, 5392 Park St. Packets include your bib, wave start time, T-shirt, and goodie bag.
Online registration is still open for the event, and in-person registration will take place from 5 to 8:30pm May 20 at the Boulder Junction Community Center (note that participants will not be able to register on the day of the event).
Saturday, May 21
- 6:30-8:30am: Drop off canoes, kayaks, and stand-up paddleboards at the Boulder Lake boat landing and bike gear at Camp Manito-wish YMCA, 5650 Camp Manitowish Lane (see more information about drop-off sites and parking here)
- 9am: Race begins
- 11am-2pm: Cookout lunch at Boulder Junction Community Center; awards presentation at 1:30pm
- 2pm-4pm: Gear pick-up at Camp Manito-wish
Sunday, May 22
- Relax and explore Boulder Junction. Here’s some helpful insider info on what to see and do:
- Your guide to downtown Boulder Junction
- Boulder Junction shopping information
- Family dining & local favorites
- See a list of Boulder Junction’s restaurants
- Scenic hiking trails in Boulder Junction
- Learn more about the Heart of Vilas County bike trail system
Join the Boulder Junction Tavern Tour, which will take place on Friday and Saturday evenings of race weekend. Visit participating businesses and have your tour card (included in your race packet) stamped in each location for a chance to win a complimentary registration in the 2023 White Deer Triathlon. Leave your completed card at your last stop, and the winner will be notified by email the week after the race. Find more information here.
Where to stay
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Boulder Junction on White Deer Triathlon weekend or beyond, check out this regularly updated list of cabin, resort, and vacation home lodging availability.